In educating our students, we depend on the development of good relationships between parents/caregivers and staff.
We acknowledge you as the first educators of your children and invite you to make an appointment to speak with your child/ren's teacher about any classroom issues, or with the Principal about general school matters that you need clarified.
We welcome parents/caregivers involvement in the life of our school and you may consider volunteering in areas such as the following:
- Coach out of school hours sport
- Provide classroom support
- Help supervise children on excursions
- Serve on the School Board
- Join the Parents & Friends Committee
- Help in the canteen
- Stop for a tea or coffee with other parents. This opportunity is available every Thursday as school begins
Catholic Education SA requires all volunteers to have a Catholic Police Clearance before undertaking any volunteer work in Catholic schools. There is no charge to have the Police Clearance Check.
In order to participate as a volunteer in our school you are therefore required to complete two forms:
- CEO Volunteer Details Form
- Application for a Catholic Police Clearance
These are available from the school office.
Catholic School Parents South Australia
Catholic School Parents South Australia (CSPSA) promotes and supports parents and families by providing a voice for education and issues which affect their children. CSPSA is an advocate for the families, parents and carers of children in Catholic schools, Catholic early learning centres and pre-schools.
The organisation believes that:
- All children have the opportunity to access a quality education, allowing each child to reach his or her potential; and
- School and family collaboration is essential to successful spiritual, academic and developmental growth.
CSPSA aims to build an environment where parents can be empowered to take an active role as the primary educators of their children. For further information visit the CSPSA website - www.cspsa.catholic.edu.au